Room air conditioners are one of the most popular ways to stay cool. They quickly bring down the temperature and humidity in your room for less money than a central air unit or a portable air conditioner. The best are also quiet, energy efficient and easy to use. We use air conditioners for small, medium and large rooms.
The room air conditioner include a multi-filter system with anti-bacterial and carbon filters for improved air quality. Auto air sweep provides motorized louvers to allow for even air distribution. A slide-out chassis eases maintenance, and the push-to-open front grille allows for easy filter access.
Room or window air conditioners cool rooms rather than the entire home or business. If they provide cooling only where they’re needed, room air conditioners are less expensive to operate than central units.
Smaller room air conditioners (i.e., those drawing less than 7.5 amps of electricity) can be plugged into any 15- or 20-amp, 115-volt household circuit that is not shared with any other major appliances. Larger room air conditioners (i.e., those drawing more than 7.5 amps) need their own dedicated 115-volt circuit. The largest models require a dedicated 230-volt circuit.
Best Air Conditioner Features
- Electronic controls make the unit easy to set
- Remote control adds convenience especially at night
- Sleep or Energy Saver modes keep the room comfortable while saving energy costs
- Auto-restart is a must for brown out periods. Power outagesare hard on compressors, but with this feature the unit will restart after a power failure without harming the unit.
- EnergyStar compliant and a high EER will save in energy costs.
- Programmable or delay start settings are ideal for having the room cooled just before you return home.
- Filter type, source and whether reusable
- Easy install kit
- Adjustable multi-way directional control